This one is one of the lesser know facts about MAC systems. I wouldn’t call this blog as a help blog, rather more of a information blog. Good to know stuff you see.
- MAC OS is actually built on an operating system called Darwin
- Darwin was made by Apple Inc.
- Darwin is a free, open source operating system
- It a Certified UNIX operating systems in the world, out of a handful of OS.
- Darwin was acquired by Apple, when they bought Steve Jobs’ NeXT. NeXT was based on FreeBSD [FreeBSD is a free and open-source Unix-like operating system descended from the Berkeley Software Distribution, which was based on Research Unix. The first version of FreeBSD was released in 1993 ], so Darwin is based on BSD which means that macOS is actually BSD with the Macintosh “Desktop Environment” as the user interface.
- Darwin powers macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS, meaning that they are all macOS, just with a unique user interface on each one.
The Mac ways series blogs –
- The Mac Ways
- MAC Address Book
- Uninstalling Applications on MAC
- Installing Applications on MAC
- What is my MAC OS Version
- CTRL + ALT + DEL on MAC
- Where is my Library Folder on MAC?
- MAC Trackpad – Cheatsheet
- MAC OS – Tips and Tricks
- Reset MAC password using the MAC OS Recovery Tool
- Enable Three Finger Drag
Follow us on our Official Social Media Platforms.